Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I got to put my dancin shoes on!!

After almost a month in Japan, I finally got to put my tango shoes on and do some dancing!  I finally made it to the ballroom studio in the town where I live.  I joined the group lesson, and tonight they focussed on Argentine tango :)  Although it was just a beginning tango lesson, it still felt so good to dance.  Hopefully this weekend I'll get the courage to head to Osaka and go to their milonga.  

Other exciting news, I felt my first earthquake in Japan.  Last Tuesday I was at home fixing dinner, when there was some loud creaking noises and the building felt like it was rocking.  It lasted less than a minute and I wasn't quite sure what it was at first.  I figured it was an earthquake but couldn't find anything immediately afterwards on the internet.  The next day at work my labmates asked if I felt the earthquake.  It was in the same prefecture I live in and was a 5.5, but what we felt here in Iwade was about a 3 (http://earthquake-report.com/2011/07/06/strong-very-dangerous-earthquake-below-hirogawa-wakayama-prefecture-japan/).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.